Welcome to Jo Cox, Rod Lyon and Day Gowland to the GVI Committee. We’re looking forward to working with you all, and getting some great things done after so much enforced downtime.
Hopefully we can start to organise some regular CITO’s and/or events with moveable dates or locations just in case restrictions hit again, to get us all out there, doing our thing.
The GVI Committee now consists of:
- President Karen Ashford (carkisser)
- Vice President Lorraine Ogilvie (half of The_Tritonz)
- Secretary Adriaan Homburg (ahomburg)
- Treasurer Bernie Holloway (BernieH)
- Membership Donna Moore (half of Jaktembo)
- CITO Rep Rod Lyon (n0w0rries)
- General Member Gemma Siemensma (GemmaSistema)
- General Member Jo Cox (heymissjo)
- General Member Day Gowland (Day1976)
Our special mention!!
Jo the *better*half of ChooknChunk attended a recent CITO. She found $50 and donated it to GVI. Geocachers are widely known to be good people, and luckily for us, there are also those amongst us that are great. Many thanks to Jo for the donation, and for all who attended the CITO.
Hopefully we will see many of you soon, and look forward to the Wangaratta Event and the GPS Adventure Maze.
The Whittlesea Event Organising Committee have gotten your camping options sorted. If you’re planning to bring your caravan, tent or swag, then head on over to our shop to book your camping spot. Camping on site is a great way to catch up with old friends and meet new ones as well as be in on all the action of the Mega!
Powered sites cost only $30 per night! Unpowered sites are $20 per night.
Ready to book? CLICK HERE!
The finer details:
- There is water available nearby, but not dedicated to each site.
- You will be required to supply your own power leads, as there will not be any available. There are a mix of 10A and 15A supplies, please specify if you definitely require a 15A supply, otherwise you will get a random allocation.
- Each site will be clearly marked, with room for one caravan and one car only.
For more information, check the fine print beneath each listing.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you need more information.
And don’t forget our next lead up event on Feb 16 in Shepparton! Click here to put in your will attend!
With the assistance of Classic Funerals, Ian has arranged Shelbys Funeral service for next Thursday 31st October at the Boyd Chapel at the Springvale Cemetery at 3.30pm. Ian and their Sons will have a private burial the next day.
A celebration of Shelbys life will be held afterwards, at the home of Mark and Diane (Team Crackers) in Berwick. The bbq will be fired up for snags in bread, so make sure to let them know if you’re planning to attend, so they can sort out the catering. (send a message to Spook Pyro)
It’s also a BYO chair event. Ian plans to make this a celebration of Shelbys life and hopes people will send him photos they have of Shell to put into his slideshows. Ian also invites anyone who’d like to share funny stories about Shell to do so.
People have asked about dress code , but Ian hasn’t had a chance to respond yet I feel pretty confident in saying, if you want to wear bright colours, Shelby would love it, and so will Ian. Bright colours go with the celebration.