Geocaching Victoria is excited to announce that the GPS Adventure Maze will be returning to Victoria really soon, after recently travelling all the way to Townsville in April.
For those that don’t know, the GPS Adventure Maze Exhibit is a rare event icon that originally appeared in the USA in 2007. The Exhibit, initially hosted by Geocaching HQ, travelled around the USA and Canada until 2015 before being retired. The Czech Geocaching Association were allowed to create their own maze in 2013 and it first appeared in Prague of that year. The Czech maze travelled to the UK and Germany in 2015, back to the Czech Republic in 2017, to Austria in 2018 and Czech Republic in 2022. The Texas Geocaching Association began their own maze in 2019 and appeared in Fort Worth in that year. It has travelled to Georgia, Ohio and Kansas in 2021. Finally, GeoNord are bringing the maze to France for the first time ever in 2022.
This maze, created by Geocaching Victoria, will be the third maze in the southern hemisphere and will make Australia only the 7th country in the world to host a maze.
Want to Attend?
This Adventure Maze Exhibit will be in the Cattle Shed, which is part of the showgrounds at The Whittlesea Event on the weekend of the 19th to 20th of November, 2022. There is disabled access, plenty of parking and restroom facilities. The Adventure Maze Exhibit is totally free to attend and is open to the general public.
- Friday 18th – 5pm – 7pm – Special pre-event opening for Foundation Friends of the Maze and VIPs only.
- Saturday 19th – 9am – 3pm – Open to the public
- Sunday 20th – 9am – 12pm – Open to the public
We anticipate the highest crowds to be on Saturday morning, so if you can wait, please consider coming on Sunday.
What should you know?
- Except for the Friday afternoon pre-event for the Foundation Friends of the Maze, entry to the maze is on a first-come-first serve basis.
- Only a limited number of people can be admitted into the maze at a time.
- We anticipate the longest lines to be on the Saturday morning and the shortest to be on the Sunday morning.
Log your “will attend now” (GC9N1CX)
We also have a great selection of merchandise available in the shop, so be sure to have a browse and add to your cart.
And just in case you missed it – we have a great selection of goodies for the Whittlesea Mega as well! Be sure to check it out!