1 Day to go until the upcoming Surf Coast Mega event…We must be on the edge of our seats now?
Most important to log your “Will Attend” now at GC65688
Some general info before heading for Anglesea.
You will all be starting to make your way towards Anglesea in the next day or so.
- Everyone that purchased geocoins or pathtags for pickup, firstly, don’t forget to pick up your order, secondly, please bring either your PayPal payment slip or your drivers license/ID.
- If you are a Basic member and would like to try out a Premium membership, find Bunjil after 12pm on Saturday and the first 10 to do so will score a one month premium membership.
- We have a limited amount of GPSR’s available to borrow for use in the Victorian Geocaching Tournament. Please ask if you would like to borrow one.
- Don’t forget your hat, sunscreen, raincoat, jumpers and insect repellent and of course a smile.
When you arrive in Anglesea, if you are staying on the onsite, you can park onsite as directed by the car parking Volunteers, if not, street parking is just a short walk from GZ.
Once onsite, first thing you need to do is head to registration and sign the log book and if you are in the first 500 will attends, collect your registration pack. You can then head to the Geostuff.com.au stall to collect your pre ordered shirts or buy a non-customised one.
Geocoins and Pathtags can be collected any time on Saturday or Sunday from the registration desk, if you have not pre-ordered, we still have a limited quantity of Standard and Limited coins for sale as well as some pathtag.
If you are a new cacher or would like some more information on what a Mega is all about, head over to the main room at 9am and we have a session and some posters to help you feel at home and to see what a mega is all about.
YMCA – Anglesea Recreation Camp (the MEGA site)
Remember you can book on site too. Bookings are made directly with the Surf Coast Event venue, YMCA Anglesea Recreation Camp.
They can be contacted directly on: 03 5263-1512
There are 150 beds available for $35 per person per night and this includes a continental breakfast. There are various configurations from:
- rooms for 2, 4 or 6 people, with ensuite,
- rooms for 2, 4 or 6 people with shared facilities,
- Single rooms can also be booked.
There are lots of places left so please support this great venue.
Anglesea Beachfront Family Caravan Park
We have been able to secure a special deal with the Anglesea Beachfront Family Caravan Park!
They are offering all geocachers who use the code word “Geocache” when making their booking the following.
- 10% discount,
- Free Late checkout until 11am in Cabins (can stay in the park) or 6pm checkout for sites,
- Free spa token,
- 2 free coffees or 2 slushies.
This is for all bookings between the 1st June and the 17th November 2016 but does exclude the Melbourne Cup weekend and the Victorian School holidays.
This is great news!! Not only is this a great deal, but it means that you can head down to Anglesea before the Surf Coast Event, find all the caches, and leave the weekend of the event free for socialising!!
Back to top…
Coins & Pathtags
Coins have arrived, but we still have a small amount available to order.
Geocoins are available with 2 types, the Standard one at just $15 or the special Limited edition including Glitter for only $30.
Pathtag orders are also available. 2 Options here, a Trading set of 5 identical tags. You will be able to gather at the event and trade with others for a full set. Alternatively, you can purchase a Complete set for $25.
As always, we’d like to thank our awesome sponsors, who have helped us put this whole thing together.